The Applied Research Collaboration Kent, Surrey and Sussex (ARC KSS) has today (13 February) launched a new funding opportunity that will provide support for young people to engage in, get involved with and co-produce health and care research.
Successful applicants are expected to provide support to:
- Facilitate and enable young people - up the age of 25 - living in Kent, Surrey and Sussex to design health and care research of relevance to them.
- Provide a forum for young people to identify research priorities and questions that are relevant to them.
- Provide an interface for researchers to engage and involve young people about their health and care research.
- Include and involve young people in the building, delivery and foundation of health and care services through research.
- Provide the necessary support and training to enable young people to be fully involved in research.
Professor Sally Kendall, Research Capacity Lead at ARC KSS, said:
"It's important to us that the people, who are the focus of our research, have a say in how that research is identified, designed and carried out. We want to make sure that our research is relevant and responds to the issues that are important to our local public and communities, as well as those who deliver services. That's why we are delighted to be able to provide funding for these new youth research partnerships that will support young people to get involved and engaged in our work.
"All ARC KSS member organisations are invited to apply and we encourage applications from relevant sectors, including higher education institutions, health and care organisations, local authorities and voluntary and community sector enterprises. "
Successful groups and organisations will be expected to start no later than 1 July 2023, and within 15 months create opportunities for young people to get involved in research and share learning and knowledge across the region.
Further details can be found here.
- Read the guidance notes
- Complete the application form and send with supporting documents to:
- The deadline for submission is 5pm on Friday 14 April 2023.
Any organisation or group who intends to submit an application must notify us of their intention by emailing: