Are you an adult living in Kent, Surrey or Sussex with knowledge and/or experience of health or social care services?
Would you like to share your experiences and views to help us shape our research to improve the health and social care services offered in our region?
The Applied Research Collaboration Kent, Surrey and Sussex (ARC KSS) are looking for members of the public to join them as Theme Public Advisors. We currently have five vacancies within the following areas of research:
- Social Care
- Public Health
- Economics of Health and Social Care
- Using NHS patient data for research (sub-theme of Digital Innovation)
As an ARC KSS Theme Public Advisor your role will include:
- Being part of our ‘Public Involvement Network' (PIN) – an enjoyable, supportive group of Theme Public Advisors who act as the public’s eyes and ears into how we work.
- Being part of one of our research themes - you will become an active member of the theme team, be invited to join meetings to discuss research that’s happening and offer a public perspective on decisions around future theme work.
- You may be invited to join other meetings and working groups, which you can agree to, or not, depending on your interests and availability.
We would like you to join four meetings for the PIN Group and approximately 6-8 meetings for the theme, per year. If you are asked to join in with other groups or meetings and you are interested and have time, then of course you can.
Your opinions are really valuable and we aim to offer payment (whenever possible) for your expertise and time, however this is not an employment role, payments come from different organisations within our collaboration and rates may vary, but we would let you know the details in advance and help you with the claims process. Please be aware, as these are official payments, there is a chance they may affect any benefits that you might be receiving, and we can discuss this with you individually.
Want to know more?
We will be holding an informal information session via zoom on Monday 20 November 2023, 4-5pm. If you would like to join us please email us at
For any other information please visit our website, view our FAQ sheet or email
Click here for our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Fact Sheet
Click here to view the Theme Public Advisor Role Description.
Click here to download an Application Form.
Closing date: Sunday 26 November 2023 at 5pm.
Watch the video below to find out more about becoming a public advisor.