Creative solutions for health and care priorities
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Applied Research Collaboration Kent, Surrey, and Sussex (ARC KSS) is seeking to commission projects that respond to and address key priorities for health and care provision across Kent, Surrey, and Sussex (KSS).
Projects are expected to start by October 2022, for a duration no longer than 24 months and should:
- address a clear priority for health and care providers or commissioners in the KSS region, as evidenced through meaningful engagement by provider organisations and the public.
- involve health and care organisations, focussing on strong evidence to support practice through collaboration across health and care settings and/or academia.
- contribute to a public need and creative solutions for how best to direct limited resources toward priorities for Kent, Surrey and Sussex populations for improved/efficient care that are needed now.
- clearly contributes to one of the ARC KSS themes and sub-themes.
- include relevant Public and Community Involvement and Engagement and/or co-production.
- consider the value-for-money and potential cost-effectiveness.
- have a clear pathway to practical impact – how will the project improve outcomes or care provision and how it will be implemented
- projects can involve evaluation of innovation and care.
- projects that contribute to COVID recovery health and care priorities are also particularly welcome.
Expressions of interest (EOIs) from all care sectors will be considered, however, projects from under-researched topics, populations, care sectors and where inequalities in care exist are particularly encouraged. You should highlight and justify why this is relevant to your project in your EOI.
At least £425,000 of funding is available. Individual projects should cost no more than £100,000 in total, including 25% of the total requested funding as co-funding. Health and care organisations may indicate their co-funding engagement through in kind or cash contributions. No formal costing is expected at this EOI stage.
All EOIs should include relevant letter(s) / emails of support from health and care providers and/or commissioning organisations within the recognised ARC KSS region. These should clearly demonstrate formal links with systems needs analyses and plans including contributing to COVID Recovery if applicable.
All documents can be found on the below or through this link to the call documents and EOI form.
If you are interested in applying:
- Read the accompanying guidance notes
- Complete an Expression of Interest form and send this with supporting letters/emails to
- Expressions of Interest will be accepted up to 5pm, Thursday 14th April 2022.